Kurtis has a distinct charm since the time they were introduced in the Mughal period. Kurtis are just a form of kurta but hold great elegance. They can be easily pulled off with any outfit and can be styled in different ways. From college to the office to parties, Kurtis is one such form of outfit which can be worn on any occasion.
From being a part of Indian culture this piece of clothing has efficiently made its mark around the globe. It has been a part of many cultures since ancient times and traditional attire of countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The word Kurti is originally derived from the word kurta due to the fact that this was considered as traditional attire for men back in the times, but soon women also started wearing them and hence the name Kurti.
From being made in only cotton and silk fabrics to being available in all types of fabrics and a number of styles, this piece of clothing has definitely evolved over time. Their comfort is what makes them the most comfortable attire of all times. They can be easily worn with trousers or salwar and even jeans. They can be styled easily with different forms of jewellery, scarfs, and all other types of accessories.
With the limitless styling and variety of Kurtis available here are a few you can get your hands on:
- Frock Kurti- This form of Kurti can be worn daily and even for parties and special occasions. They can give a very aesthetic look when paired with the right type of jewellery.
- A Line Kurtis- This form of kurtis are best for pear shape bodies. Again they are best for wearing daily and especially to college and office. Right pair of jewellery and trouser can give them a whole another look.
- Anarkali Kurtis- Since a long time, the world is going gala over anarkalis. From Bollywood celebrities to teenagers, anarkalis have paved their way for any and every occasion. The flair of the outfit can give you your princess moment.
- Trail cut Kurti- This kurti has a versatile style. You can wear them with trousers, palazzos, salwars or even just as a dress with the perfect pair of some modern-day jewellery and high heels. The perfect combination for your wedding rituals or even a day out.
- Dhoti Kurti- Dhotis have been a part of our culture for the longest time. Dhoti kurtis are the best choice if you are looking for an indo western outfit. Styling them with the right pair of heels and trousers can make you look both traditional and modern at the same time.
- Flare Kurtis- Somewhat similar to anarkalis, flare kurtis are ultimately comfortable to wear for any occasion be it your haldi ceremony or just a date night.
- Indo western style Kurti- Adding a tinch of that extra modern and classic mixture. This piece of clothing is best worn with a pair of jeans and heels.
- Gown style Kurti- This kurti can give you your walking down the aisle moment. A perfect combination of accessories and footwear can give your outfit a royal look.
- Long straight kurti- If you are someone who is constantly looking for outfits to look taller in, this kurti is made just for you. They can be styled with palazzos and jeans and can give a professional or casual look depending on the way you carry it.
- Kaftan Kurti- Kaftans are a must in your wardrobe if you are someone who loves to dress ethnic. Not only they give you a classy look but are also ultimately comfortable and the perfect choice for every occasion.
All in all the most versatile form of Indian outfit kurtis have been one of the favourite pieces of clothing for generations and will continue to be. It is a must-have in the wardrobe due to the ease of styling them and comfort they provide